Corporate Borrower Program
Qualifying firms that have professional need of the information resources of the University Libraries can apply for privileges for designated employees under the Corporate Borrower program. This program has been designed around the needs of small and/or new, non-health sciences related firms in the area that do not have significant, in-house libraries. Individuals from such firms are granted in-person borrowing privileges for renewable terms of one year. Privileges do not include interlibrary loan use.
Corporate Borrower cards can be obtained as follows:
- Communicate your request to become a member of the Corporate Borrower Program on company stationery. The letter should indicate full responsibility for any items borrowed by your corporation. The letter should be signed by an appropriate officer of the company.
- Send this to:
Corporate Borrower Program
116 Capen Hall
University at Buffalo
Buffalo , NY 14260-1670
or fax to (716) 645-3859
- The Libraries will generate up to five Corporate Borrower cards for your firm. Indicate how many cards (up to 5) the company needs.
- The cards may be used at all the University Libraries for a period of one year.
- Upon written request, expiring cards will be revalidated.
Guidelines for use of Corporate Borrower cards:
- Present the Corporate Borrower card when checking out items.
- A Corporate Borrower card is for in-person borrowing only. Interlibrary Loan services are not available.
- Each card carrier can borrow up to 25 items at any one time.
- Items will be charged for a period of 28 days.
- Borrowing privileges will be suspended until overdue items are returned and accumulated overdue fines are paid.
- The firm assumes financial responsibility for items borrowed and not returned to the University Libraries.
Direct questions regarding the Corporate Borrower Program to Ms. Janiece Jankowski, Circulation Manager (716) 645-1312.
The Libraries define "Corporate Borrowers" as Western New York businesses that are not health sciences related (a well established mechanism is already in place for providing library access to those firms) and that do not qualify for membership in the Western New York Library Resources Council (WNYLRC) or that organization's cooperative borrowing subgroup, the Library Access Project (LAP). The Western New York Library Resources Council stipulates that its members maintain in-house collections of at least 2,000 volumes and/or spend upwards of $5,000 per year developing information resources. Membership dues qualify organizations for membership in the Library Access Program, which has a additional fee, but which provides in-person borrowing privileges at other participating libraries for member employees.
Companies can apply for the InfoPass - Library Access Project membership by contacting: The Western New York Library Resources Council, Library Access Project, 4455 Genesee Street, P.O. Box 400, Buffalo, NY 14225-0400 or by calling (716) 633-0705.