Carolyn Tripp Clement Residence Hall
Clement Hall was originally built as an all women's dormatory. It was the seventh dormitory to be built for the school. It continues to be used as a residence hall today, housing 500 students of both sexes.
Carolyn Tripp Clement (1861-1943) was the wife of Stephen M. Clement. She was a distinguished community leader and philanthropist who served on the University Council from 1920 until 1941. She donated her home at 786 Delaware Avenue to the American Red Cross and contributed $80,000 to the University of Buffalo.
History and Chronology
- 1964 -- (Spring) Completion of Carolyn Tripp Clement Hall
- 1964 -- (October 9) Cornerstone Ceremony and Dedication
Building and Construction InformationArchitects: James, Meadows & Howard
Contractors: BAW Construction Co.