Select students in the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) have access to CourseSmart e-textbooks via UBlearns. This page provides information about accessing, finding and using the e-textbooks.
Accessing your e-Textbook via UBLearns
- Log in to UBLearns with your UBITName and password.
- Click on the class named “UB Libraries e-Textbook Program.”
- Click on “Click to view bookshelf.”
- Your CourseSmart Bookshelf will open in a new window or tab.
Finding Your e-Textbooks:
- First, do a search for your e-textbooks in the search box at the top of the page.
- When you find the right book, click Add to Bookshelf (look for the green rectangle).
- Click on My Bookshelf in the upper right.
- Find and then click on the name of the e-textbook in the left hand column (you may need to scroll down).
Tips and Help Using your CourseSmart e-Textbook
CourseSmart is intuitive and easy to use. Here are some resources to help you get the most out of your e-textbook.
- : Includes self service options, help topic articles and other modes to contact customer support (chat and email):
- CourseSmart e-Textbook Reader Overview: http://www.coursesmart.com/go/reader
- Phone Assistance: If you have questions about using your e-textbooks, contact CourseSmart Solutions’ Customer Support Desk at 877-216-7231 (from 9am to 9pm)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. Can I print my e-textbook?
- Yes. You can print up to 150% of the textbook, 10 pages at a time. Use the Print button in the upper right.
NOTE: You must NOT share these printed materials with others, and you are obligated to destroy these materials upon the expiration of your access rights.
Q. How long will I have access to my e-textbook?
- Access to your e-textbooks terminates after the end of the exam period.
NOTE: You must save your notes by downloading or printing them before access terminates, otherwise your notes will be lost.
Q. Can I read my e-textbook when I'm not connected to the internet?
- Yes. Offline reading is available for when you are not connected to the internet. You must first check out your e-textbook for offline reading, here's how: http://www.coursesmart.com/learnmore.
- NOTE: offline reading is not currently available when using Internet Explorer. It is available when using Firefox 18 (Windows/Mac), Chrome 19.0 or higher (Windows/Mac and Google Chrome OS), Safari 5.1 or higher (Windows/Mac).
Q. What devices and browsers can I use to read my CourseSmart e-textbook?
- Any device (laptop computer, desktop, tablet, etc) that can run a standard web browser can be used to read your e-textbook. More specifically, the following browsers can be used: IE 7.0 or higher (Windows), Firefox 3.5 or higher (Windows/Mac), Safari 3.0 or higher (Mac), and Chrome (Windows/Mac). CourseSmart may work with other browsers, but they have not been thoroughly tested.
NOTE: Be sure to enable cookies and allow pop-ups.
Q. Are CourseSmart e-textbooks accessible?
- Many CourseSmart e-textbooks are fully accessible, learn more here: http://instructors.coursesmart.com/accessibility. If you have a disability and may require an accessible format version of an e-textbook, please contact the Accessibility Resources office. The office is located at 25 Capen Hall and the telephone number is (716) 645-2608. Requests for accessible format textbooks may take up to six weeks to process. Please contact Accessibility Resources early in the semester to coordinate the accommodations you may need.
Q. How do I give feedback on e-textbooks?
- Your feedback and input are important to us – you can help us ensure that e-textbooks at UB continue to evolve and meet your needs. Please send feedback to:
Electronic Resources Librarian
716-645-7703 | email@example.com
Last Update: 15 August, 2013