Principles of Biology e-Textbook
As part of a pilot program to explore ways to help students with the high cost of textbooks, the UB Libraries are providing access to Principles of Biology published by the prestigious scholarly publisher, Nature Publishing Group.
Accessing your e-Textbook
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. How long will I have access to Principles of Biology?
- Access will end on August 15, 2013.
Q. Can I print Principles of Biology?
- Yes. You can print as much as you would like, but only one module at a time. On the top right of every page in your textbook you should find a "Print Module" button. Clicking this will send a formatted, color PDF of that module to your printer
Q. What devices can be used to read Principles of Biology?
- Principles of Biology is web-based and is currently accessible on most of all PC and Mac computers, tablets, smartphones and mobile phones that can run standard web browsers (Chrome, Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.).
Q. Can I read Principles of Biology when I’m not connected to the Internet (ie: offline)?
- No, not at this time.
Q. What are the system requirements for using Principles of Biology?
- Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6, Mac OS X Lion 10.7
- Browsers: Firefox 6 & 7, Internet Explorer 8 & 9, Google Chrome 14, Safari 5 (Mac)
- Plug-ins: Flash 10+, Java SE6 & SE7, QuickTime 7.7+
- Browser Settings: Firefox 6 & 7, Internet Explorer 8 & 9, Google Chrome 14, Safari 5 (Mac)
Q. Need more assistance using Principles of Biology?
- Contact Nature Customer Support: 888-331-6288 (available 9AM-5PM Eastern Time Monday-Friday) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or visit the UB Libraries Reference Desk in Lockwood Library (phone: 716-645-2820, email: email@example.com).
Last Update: 21 August, 2012