UB Alumni Association -- Library Privileges
All members of the UB Alumni Association can obtain library privileges.
How does it work?
You may present your valid UB Alumni Association card along with a photo ID at any UB Libraries Circulation desk and you will be issued a card immediately.
What services does it provide?
- Borrowing privileges at all campus library locations. Details are below.
- In-library access to searchable databases. For additional information, see Using Library Research Stations on Alumni Support.
- Word processing, productivity software, and InterLibrary Loans are NOT available.
- Guest users of the Libraries may print from the library research stations at the cost of 10 cents per page. Printing requires the use of a Print/Copy Debit Card. The document iprint@ub has full instructions.
- Due to licensing agreements with database vendors, remote access to article indexes and other databases is restricted to current UB students, faculty, and staff. Please note, however, that the UB Alumni Association offers off-campus access to JSTOR, EBSCO Academic Search Alumni Edition and Business Source Alumni Edition as one benefit of dues-paying association memberships. Please contact the Alumni office for their special login information as the login procedure is not the same as the University at Buffalo Libraries. Technical questions should be directed to the UB Alumni Association.
What are the borrowing policies?
Loan period is 4 weeks
Renew online on or before due date: use My Library Card
Up to 25 items can be checked out at one time
Overdue fines: 50 cents per day, per item
Maximum fine of $10
For more information, see the UB Alumni web site.