Study and Instruction Spaces
Located in the lower level of the Health Sciences Library, one of HSL's two "QUIET" study areas (the other is the main reading room):
- 11 Cybrary stations for students, faculty, and staff
- The Multimedia Development Lab (aka "The Lab"--open to UB faculty, staff, and students)
- a microfilm and microfiche reader/printer
- on-site VHS, DVD, CD-ROM viewing
- home of the MIR (Multimedia Instruction Room - a 10 workstation computer training room for UB Libraries faculty and staff- contact MC staff for reservations)
- Collaborative Learning Spaces - 8 Group Study Rooms that can be booked online
Eight study rooms may be reserved online through the Collaborative Learning Spaces pages: http://www.buffalo.edu/ubit/service-guides/computing-sites/collaborative-learning-spaces/find-group-work-spaces.html . Keys to the rooms must be signed out at the HSL Circulation Desk.
The Multimedia Development Lab is a fully equipped computer room with the latest media editing software and hardware for any of your classroom or research projects. Putting together your thesis, publishing an article, or just creating a PowerPoint presentation, the lab has everything you need. HSL Multimedia Center supports the use and creation of instructional resources on the South Campus.
- 3 PC
- 2 Mac G4
- 2 Microtek Scanners (one large format x-ray enabled scanner)
- 1 Nikon Slide Scanner
Video & Image editing
- Adobe digital imaging suite
- Software to covert/digitize DVD or VHS
Graphic & Text
- Acrobat Professional
- Omni Page Pro
Please contact Lori Widzinski (829-5744) or Christopher Cheung (829-5745) for room availability
*The Lab is for classroom or research projects only. For personal projects, please use the scanning station in HSL's first floor print room.
Head, Computing and Multimedia Services
Educational Technology Associate