Click on a workshop title and follow the instructions to register. You will need your UBIT username and password. If you are not affiliated with UB, e-mail Deborah McConnell Chiarella with your request. All instruction workshops will take place in the Media Instruction Room (basement level of the Health Sciences Library) unless otherwise indicated.
from the Teaching & Learning Center
Workshops on Demand
Throughout the year, the librarians at the HSL are called upon to provide classes and workshops in matters related to library research. This year, the HSL is dramatically expanding the content and availability of these offerings with a new program: Workshops on Demand .
Workshops on Demand collects together many of our more popular workshops, as well as several new workshops, and makes them available for any group of five or more participants. Simply contact us, request a time and date for instruction, and we will work out the details. There are no fees or charges of any kind, and any UB student, staff or faculty member can request a workshop. We are happy to come to your venue and provide these useful and dynamic workshops, for student associations, journal clubs and other faculty groups, researchers, UB alumni - any group of five or more attendees.
Workshops currently offered include:
- 20in30 - a look at 20 assorted Web 2.0 resources in 30 minutes (Can be customized to best fit your group's needs)
- Bioinformatics Training (DNA & Protein Sequence Searching with NCBI BLAST; Visualizing & Exploring 3-D Protein Structures; NCBI Entrez: The Life Sciences Bioinformatics Search Engine; NCBI GENE: NCBI's Gene-Specific Resource)
- CINAHL Plus Full-Text (EBSCO)
- Copyright & Plagiarism
- EndNote (Both introductory and advanced training)
- Finding Health Statistics
- Journal Citation Reports
- Ovid MEDLINE (Both introductory and advanced training)
- PUBMED/MyNCBI (Both introductory and advanced training)
- Tenure Metrics - using WOS & JCR to assess your bibliography
- Web of Science
Call Deborah McConnell Chiarella, Coordinator of Education Services at (716) 829-5753, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, to request workshops to be held in your facility!