PERMANENT LIBRARY EXHIBITS
Silverman Library"Exhibit Honoring Wilson Greatbatch"
This permanent exhibit honors Wilson Greatbatch, inventor of the cardiac pacemaker.
Health Sciences Library"Art in the Health Sciences Library"
"The Tools of Medicine"
Features images of selected instruments contained in the the Edgar R. McGuire Historical Medical Instrument Collection.
Music Library"J. Warren Perry Collection"
Approximately fifty items from the larger collection, including framed photographs, artwork, stamps, medallions, and artifacts, on permanent display in the Treasure Room. Permission required for entry.
"The Music Library Poster Collection"
Selections permanently exhibited throughout the Music Library.
- 25th Anniversary of the Dedication of Lockwood Memorial Library
The construction and dedication of the present Lockwood Memorial Library and the original Lockwood Memorial Library, dedicated in 1935.
- Archiving the Ephemeral
The James Joyce Collection at Buffalo.
- A Centennial Bloomsday at Buffalo
Highlights from UB's collection of Joyce materials to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Bloomsday, June 16, 1904, the day Ulysses takes place.
Revisiting the Buffalo Pan-American Exposition of 1901
- June in Buffalo 1986-2010
An exhibition honoring the 25th anniversary with David Felder as Artistic Director.
- June in Buffalo 25th Anniversary Exhibit
Commemorates 25th anniversary of the founding of the June in Buffalo music festival.
- Remembering Leo Smit (1921-1999)
This exhibit chronicles Leo Smit's career as composer, pianist, conductor, and educator spanning seven decades of musical life in the United States.
- Samuel P. Capen: University Man Highlights items from the papers of the first full-time, salaried Chancellor of the University of Buffalo. Under Capen's leadership, the University was transformed from a small group of autonomous schools into a modern university of 14 divisions and a central campus.
- Student Life at UB
A brief history of Student Life at UB during the 20th century includes University songs, dorm life, the Unions, Greek life, student activities, and traditional events and dances.
- Women's Work: A Tribute to the Women Who Make UB Work
Focuses on the achievements that women faculty, staff, and administration have made and their contributions to the University at Buffalo over the past 100 years.
Archived exhibits are in PDF format
- Commemoration of the Two Millionth Volume
- Commemoration of the Three Millionth Volume
- DNA's Double Helix
- Albert Einstein
- Finding Lockwood
- J.M. Coetzee
- Thoroughly Modern Meiko
- Mount. St. Helens
- Retro Media: Memory and Memories Lost
- Science on Stamps
- Wislawa Szymborska
- Women in Science and Engineering
Last Update: 17 July, 2013