was born in Bohemia in 1846 and came to Buffalo in 1852. Received
his musical education here at the hands of the best local teachers.
Began his musical career as organist of Westminster Church, and
musical director of the Anon Singing Society. With the exception
of one year, during which he traveled as chorus master of the Riching's
Opera Troupe, he has held a position of organist in some of the
Christian churches of this city, and for thirty years has held the
position of organist at the Temple Beth Zion. In 1870 he became
musical director of the Liedertafel, in which position he remained
until 1894. He was prominently identified with the great musical
festivals given here in 1883, 1884, 1885 and 1886. From 1887 to
1894 he was the musical director of the Vocal Society. At the present
time he is the supervisor of music in the public schools; teacher
of music in the State Normal School; organist of the Delaware Avenue
M. B. Church; and organist of the Temple Beth Zion.