The Research Tips site is an online guide designed to help you perform research in the University at Buffalo Libraries. This guide will help you understand basic research skills including:
- How to locate books and periodicals using the Libraries' Catalog
- How to locate full-text articles
- What to look for when using the Web for research
- How to cite books and articles.
- How to calculate how long an assignment will take to complete, using the Assignment Calculator.
Choosing a Topic
Step 1. Finding Background Information
Step 2. Creating a Search Strategy
Step 3. Finding and Evaluating Research Materials
4. Plagiarism & Academic Scholarship
5. Writing Your Paper