Study Spaces in the UB Libraries
- Floor 2-South, adjacent to rooms 221-223
- Floor 3, including the Cybrary workstations
- Floors 4 and 5
- Individual Study Carrels are available on a semester basis with priority given to doctoral students. Application forms are available at the Circulation Desk on the second floor or use Lockwood Library Study Carrel Application.
- Note: The Libraries will not be responsible for personal property left in the carrels.
- Floor 1-North - Government Documents area (Access to this area is by glass-encased stairwell on the second floor Circulation Area or by second floor Cybrary elevator.)
- Floor 2-North - Cybrary.
- Group Study Rooms:
- 319 and 519 are available on a first-come, first served basis.
- 320, 420, and 520 are Collaborative Study rooms with electronic device hook-ups, wall-mounted monitors, and whiteboards. See Collaborative Spaces for more information. Rooms must be reserved using the Room Wizard on the CIT Collaborative Learning Spaces web page. Reservations can be made for a maximum of two-hours. Keys will be checked out from the Circulation Desk. Fines will accumulate for lost or late return of room keys.
Silverman Library - Capen Hall
- The entire third floor
- Individual, lockable carrels are assigned on a semester basis with a priority given to doctoral students. Application forms are available in room 228 Silverman.
- The entire ground floor of Silverman.
- The first floor, including the Cybrary
- The second floor housing the Media Resources Center
- Group study rooms on the first floor (adjacent to the Cybrary) and dispersed throughout the third floor are available on a first-come, first-served basis. No keys are required.
Law Library - OBrian Hall:
- Floor 2 Reading Room
- Floors 3-7 The 7th floor is available to Law School Students only.
- Some individual carrels are available to Law School Students. Present UB Card at the Circulation Desk to check out a key. See Law Library Policy.
- Group Study Rooms are available only to Law School Students for two-hour periods. Present UB Card at the Circulation Desk to check out a key. Reservations are taken only on the day the room is needed. No telephone reservations are taken. See Law Library Policy.
HSL and APL
Effective summer 2011, both the Health Sciences Library and the Architecture & Planning Library are co-located in Abbott Hall. Access Services for both libraries are provided at the central Circulation Desk at the first floor entrance area. Reference for HSL continues on the first floor, adjacent to the Circulation Desk; and Reference assistance for APL is located on the third floor.
- Floor 2 Main Reading Room
- Floor 2 Mezzanine – Individual Study Rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis; no key or reservation is required.
- Basement – in the Digital Media Resources Center
- Group Study Rooms are available in the Digital Media Resources Center. A UB Card must be presented at the Circulation Desk on the first floor to reserve a room.
- Floor 1 adjacent to the entrance stairwell
- Group Study Rooms on Floor 2 require a minimum of two users each. A UB Card must be presented at the Circulation Desk on the first floor to reserve a room.
- Floor 3 in the reference section of the Architecture & Planning Library
- Open Group Study Rooms are available throughout the building.
Related Help Pages
Last Update: November 2012