Dr. Charles Cary Hall
Cary Hall when it was the Health Sciences Building
Former Names: Health Sciences Building (1960 - c1987)
Part of the Medical-Dental sector of the University's South Campus.
History and Chronology
- 1959 -- (June 6) Groundbreaking for the Health Sciences Building
- 1959 -- (November 17) Cornerstone ceremony
- 1960 -- (September 10) Dedication
- pre-1987 -- Renamed Charles Cary Hall
Namesake:Dr. Charles Cary (1852-1931), University of Buffalo Medical School Class of 1875, was Professor of Anatomy, Dean of the Medical School and a member of the University Council for forty-nine years.
Building and Construction InformationArchitects: James, Meadows & Howard
Contractors: John W. Cowper Co.
Cost: $2,182,749. The cost of the building increased to $2.5 million with the inclusion of equipment; the center to include pharmacy, biology, and nursing.
Size: 1,483,603 sq. ft.