Michael Hall was the fourth Residence Hall to be built on Main Street campus. After the completion of Schoellkopf, Cooke (now Pritchard), and Macdonald Halls, it was built to provide additional housing for men.
Edward Michael (1850-1951) was a member of the University Council for 50 years and the Chairman of its Building and Grounds Committee for thirty.
History and Chronology
- 1954 -- (May) Announcement that a new residence hall is to be constructed to meet high demand for student housing.
- 1954 -- (October) Construction started on new residence hall; its cornerstone is laid and it is dedicated Michael Hall
- 1955 -- (February) Michael Hall is completed
Building and Construction InformationArchitects: James, Meadows & Howard
Size: 37,719 sq. ft.