Skip to Content
ublogo print

University at Buffalo Libraries

University Archives

Parker Hall

Former Names: Engineering Building (1946-1962), Karr Parker Engineering Building (1962-1982)

Designed by architect E.B. Green, Parker Hall is part of the Medical-Dental sector of the University's South Campus.



Namesake:

Karr Parker (1892-1986) was President of the Buffalo Electric Company and a member of the University Council for 17 years and the Chair of its Buildings and Grounds Committee for 15. The Engineering Building, constructed in 1949, was the first of several buildings erected on the Main Street campus under his chairmanship, and was named in his honor by the Council, June 4, 1962.


History and Chronology

  • 1946 -- (October) Building is dedicated
  • 1947 -- (February 10) Building is completed
  • 1962 -- Officially named the Karr Parker Engineering Building
  • 1982-1983 -- Renamed Karr Parker Hall when the School of Engineering completed its relocated to the University's North Campus

Building and Construction Information

Architects: E.B. Green
Size:Originally 38,050 sq. ft. (Wings added in 1948 increased the size to 72,208 sq. ft. and Labs added in 1964, added an additional 8,200 sq. ft.)