This Buffalo neighborhood centers on Clinton Street and is physically enclosed by the Buffalo River on the south and the Thruway 90 on the northwest.
This area was established as a German-American area during the last century and is now a Polish-American neighborhood. Streets named Weimar and Weiss are still present, but Beer Street has been re-named Casimir Street.
When St. Casimir Catholic Church was built in 1928, it became the heart of this Polish-American neighborhood; it remains so even today.
Houghton Park stretches from Clinton Street to the Buffalo River, and is one of the cities best recreational parks.