The Multimedia Collections & Services offers a wide variety of media and technology equipment for loan to all UB Students. Please browse our collection in the Equipment Booking System to find the right tools for your projects.
- Do not book equipment with video recording studios or editing stations. Please make a separate order for video recording studios or editing stations.
- Equipment may be loaned for a maximum of 7 days.
- One renewal period is allowed if there are no outstanding reservations for the equipment by the due date. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for renewal, you cannot renew from the booking system.
- You must wait 2 weeks before booking same equipment again. You CANNOT make a booking request for the item every 2 weeks, additional requests will be cancelled.
- You may only check out one camcorder or camera at a time.
- You may only check out one laptop at a time.
- Reservations must be made at least 1 business day (before 5:00pm) in advance.
- Please contact us if you do not receive a confirmation email after completing your reservation.
- Your UB Card is required for checking out equipment, please have it with you at the pickup appointment.
- Pick up equipment at the Silverman Library circulation desk between 8:00am to Midnight on the day of your appointment. ***Holidays may affect pick up hours.***
- Equipment must be returned at the Silverman Library.
- At your pick up appointment, staff will go over the inventory check list with you. This can take up to 15 minutes, please plan accordingly.
- Reservations will be cancelled if equipment is not picked up on the day of the appointment.
- Borrowing privileges may be suspended for late returns or missed appointments.
- Late fee for non return of equipment is $5 a day. If an item is overdue for more than 3 days, it will be declared Lost and a replacement fee + processing fee will be charged to your account.
- You are responsible for the equipment in your possession. Replacement fee + processing fee will be charged to your account for missing pieces, broken items, or lost items.
- The University Libraries have the right to limit the number of reservations a patron can make on an item in order to provide access to multiple students. If Library staff notice an item has been reserved multiple times by the same user, this may affect future equipment borrowing privileges.
- Your borrowing an item is contingent on the item being returned on time by the prior user. You may call to verify the equipment will be ready for pick-up.
- You are responsible for deleting data on memory devices. Equipment with memory capabilities will be erased within 24 hours of return.
FINES & FEES
- Late fees are assessed at $5 per day.
- The base fine for Lost Item is $2000.00 plus a $25 processing fee. Actual fine will be adjusted according to MSRP of the lost item.
- If equipment is not returned within 3 days of the due date, the replacement cost and processing fees will be charged.
By clicking Agree and Continue, I confirm that I have reviewed and agreed with all the above policies and accept responsibility for any equipment I borrow.
- Omar Brown, Silverman Evening Supervisor
Phone: (716) 645-8626
- Christopher Cheung, Educational Technology Associate, Health Sciences Library Multimedia Center
Phone: (716) 829-5745
- Michael Kankiewicz, Manager, Silverman Library Multimedia Center
Phone: (716) 645-1329
- Lori Widzinski, Head of Multimedia and Music Collections & Services
Phone: (716) 645-7785