The Multimedia Collections & Services offers a wide variety of media and technology equipment for loan to all UB Students. Please browse our collection in the Equipment Booking System to find the right tools for your projects.
South campus pickup will be unavailable until further notice.
- Do not book equipment with video recording studios or editing stations. Please make a separate order for video recording studios or editing stations.
- Equipment may be loaned for a maximum of 7 days.
- One renewal period is allowed if there are no outstanding reservations for the equipment by the due date. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for renewal, you cannot renew from the booking system.
- You must wait 2 weeks before booking same equipment again. You CANNOT make a booking request for the item every 2 weeks, additional requests will be cancelled.
- You may only check out one camcorder or camera at a time.
- You may only check out one laptop at a time.
- Reservations must be made at least 1 business day (before 5:00pm) in advance.
- Please contact us if you do not receive a confirmation email after completing your reservation.
- Your UB Card is required for checking out equipment, please have it with you at the pickup appointment.
- Pick up equipment at the Silverman Library circulation desk between 8:00am to Midnight on the day of your appointment. ***Holidays may affect pick up hours.***
- At your pick up appointment, staff will go over the inventory check list with you. This can take up to 15 minutes, please plan accordingly.
- Reservations will be cancelled if equipment is not picked up on the day of the appointment.
- Borrowing privileges may be suspended for late returns or missed appointments.
- Late fee for non return of equipment is $5 a day. If an item is overdue for more than 3 days, it will be declared Lost and a replacement fee + processing fee will be charged to your account.
- You are responsible for the equipment in your possession. Replacement fee + processing fee will be charged to your account for missing pieces, broken items, or lost items.
- ***Please review the complete Multimedia Equipment Loans Policies sheet that comes with your equipment.***
- Omar Brown, Silverman Evening Supervisor
Phone: (716) 645-8626
- Christopher Cheung, Educational Technology Associate, Health Sciences Library Multimedia Center
Phone: (716) 829-5745
- Michael Kankiewicz, Manager, Silverman Library Multimedia Center
Phone: (716) 645-1329
- Lori Widzinski, Head of Multimedia and Music Collections & Services
Phone: (716) 645-7785