The Multimedia Collections & Services offers a wide variety of media and technology equipment for loan to all UB Students. Please browse our collection in the Equipment Booking System to find the right tools for your projects.
- Do not book equipment with video recording studios or editing stations. Please make a separate order for video recording studios or editing stations.
- Equipment may be loaned for a maximum of 7 days.
- One renewal period is allowed if there are no outstanding reservations for the equipment by the due date. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for renewal, you cannot renew from the booking system.
- You must wait 2 weeks before booking same equipment again. You CANNOT make a booking request for the item every 2 weeks, additional requests will be cancelled.
- You may only check out one camcorder or camera at a time.
- You may only check out one laptop at a time.
- Reservations must be made at least 1 business day (before 5:00pm) in advance.
- Please contact us if you do not receive a confirmation email after completing your reservation.
- Your UB Card is required for checking out equipment, please have it with you at the pickup appointment.
- Pick up equipment at the Silverman Library circulation desk between 8:00am to Midnight on the day of your appointment. ***Holidays may affect pick up hours.***
- At your pick up appointment, staff will go over the inventory check list with you. This can take up to 15 minutes, please plan accordingly.
- Reservations will be cancelled if equipment is not picked up on the day of the appointment.
- Borrowing privileges may be suspended for late returns or missed appointments.
- Late fee for non return of equipment is $5 a day. If an item is overdue for more than 3 days, it will be declared Lost and a replacement fee + processing fee will be charged to your account.
- You are responsible for the equipment in your possession. Replacement fee + processing fee will be charged to your account for missing pieces, broken items, or lost items.
- ***Please review the complete Multimedia Equipment Loans Policies sheet that comes with your equipment.***
By clicking Agree and Continue, I confirm that I have reviewed and agreed with all the above policies and accept responsibility for any equipment I borrow.
- Omar Brown, Silverman Evening Supervisor
Phone: (716) 645-8626
- Christopher Cheung, Educational Technology Associate, Health Sciences Library Multimedia Center
Phone: (716) 829-5745
- Michael Kankiewicz, Manager, Silverman Library Multimedia Center
Phone: (716) 645-1329
- Lori Widzinski, Head of Multimedia and Music Collections & Services
Phone: (716) 645-7785