Streaming Media in the UB Libraries
A variety of streaming resources are available. Listed below are the best ways of discovering them.
- UB Libraries Catalog - Add "streaming video" or "streaming audio" to your keyword searching for quick results or limit by Online Collection Streaming Audio or Streaming Video.
- Kanopy Streaming Video Service – a large selection of documentary and educational streaming films. Includes limited public performance rights.
- Swank Digital Campus – wide variety of streaming feature films from major studios (excluding Disney). Limited public performance rights are not included.
- Naxos Music Library - Online recordings of classical, jazz, world and folk musics, with liner notes and other supplementary texts.
- OntheBoards.tv - Provides video-on-demand access to performances in dance, theatre, music and other hard to categorize art forms.
- DRAM (Database of Recorded American Music) - Recordings of American music, along with liner notes and essays.
- Counseling and Therapy in Video – Streaming videos of actual and simulated psychotherapy sessions. Also includes lectures, interviews with well-known therapists, and excerpts from psychological consultations. See also Counseling and Psychotherapy Videos and Sound Recordings, a listing of some 150 clinical sessions on DVD that may be borrowed from the library, plus several dozen sessions in streamable audio.
An aggregation of both fee-based and free sites to legally watch streaming movies and TV shows.