Video Recording Studios
- Open 7 days/week 8 am to midnight.
- Reservations are required. The Silverman Library’s video recording studios may be reserved in 2 hour blocks from the Editing Stations & Video Recording Studios Booking System.
Before you arrive:
- Make sure you have a reservation.
- Dedicate a flash drive with a minimum of 500 MB free space just for video recording work. Sharing a drive with important files like class project assignments or research papers is not recommended. 1 GB will store about 25 minutes of recording.
At the time of your reservation:
- No food or drink is permitted in the recording studios.
- Stop at the Silverman Service Desk to verify your reservation with your UB card.
- Staff will unlock the studio and go over the equipment checklist with you.
- Our software will automatically save your video file to your USB drive. If there is a problem saving please contact Library staff.
- All workstations reboot promptly at midnight, removing anything saved to the desktop.
The Video Recording Studios are great for:
- Rehearsing for class presentations
- Presenting research papers, thesis or dissertation defenses
- Creating videos for online instruction, such as MOOCs
- Creating ePortfolio materials or video essays
- Recording mock interviews or patient interactions
- Green screen effects
Thanks to Penn State University for creating and sharing the concept of the One Button Studio.