Music Library Exhibits
Henri Pousseur in Buffalo, 1966-1968
This exhibit, curated by Associate Librarian Dr. John Bewley, contains documents related to composer Henri Pousseur's tenure at the University at Buffalo first as the Slee Professor of Music (1966-1967) and then as a member of the Music Department faculy. The documents in the exhibit include concert programs, photographs, newspaper reviews, and manuscripts and typescripts created by Pousseur. Much of the content is related to the March 17, 1968 performance of the concert version of Pousseur's opera, Votre Faust. The exhibit was mounted to supplement a concert featuring Pousseur's music funded by the Muriel Wolf and Albert Steger endowment.
- Boys will be girls, girls will be boys: Cross-gender roles in opera.
- Cameron Baird: Bringing Paul Hindemith and Aaron Copland to Buffalo
- Celebrating the Life and Career of Carol June Bradley, 1934-2009
- The Center of the Creative and Performing Arts: Commemorating the Fiftieth Anniversary of its Founding
- Commemoration of the Inaugural Concert Funded by the Muriel Wolf and Albert Steger Endowment
- The Composer's Eye: Morton Feldman, George Gershwin, Paul Hindemith, Arnold Schoenberg, Edgard Varèse.
- Henri Pousseur in Buffalo, 1966-1968
- If Music Be the Food of Love: Shakespeare in the Music Library
- Lejaren A. Hiller: Computer Music Pioneer.
- Morton Feldman: A Celebration of His 80th Birthday.
- Performing the Music of Julius Eastman
- The Photography of Irene Haupt.
- Preserving Lejaren A. Hiller's Flowcharts: A Case Study
- Rediscovering Pieces of the Past: The Manuscript Scores of Ferdinand Praeger
- Treasures from the Collection of Florian Bruyas
- University School Songs: 1903-2008
- Music and Musicians at the Pan-American Exposition
One component of the University Libraries exhibit, Illuminations: Revisiting the Buffalo Pan-American Exposition of 1901
- Fragmentary Partbooks c. 1520
- Frederick and Alice Slee: Musical Benfactors
- Remembering Leo Smit (1921-1999)
- June in Buffalo 25th Anniversary Exhibit
- June in Buffalo 1986-2010: An exhibition honoring the 25th anniversary with David Felder as Artistic Director