Music Library Exhibits
The Center of the Creative and Performing Arts: Commemorating the Fiftieth Anniversary of Its Founding
The first of almost three hundred concerts presented under the auspices of the University at Buffalo's Center of the Creative and Performing Arts took place November 13, 1964. The Center was the result of a successful proposal to the Rockefeller Foundation written by Allen Sapp and Lukas Foss based on an earlier report written by Foss for the Foundation. This exhibition contains some of the documents pertaining to the creation of the Center, along with programs, clippings, and photographs of the first class of Creative Associates.
View the exhibit in the Music Library, 104 Baird Hall, now through May 2015. Or view the summary of the exhibit online.
Exhibit written and curated by John Bewley.
Past Exhibit Summaries
- Boys will be girls, girls will be boys: Cross-gender roles in opera.
- Cameron Baird: Bringing Paul Hindemith and Aaron Copland to Buffalo
- Celebrating the Life and Career of Carol June Bradley, 1934-2009
- Commemoration of the Inaugural Concert Funded by the Muriel Wolf and Albert Steger Endowment
- The Composer's Eye: Morton Feldman, George Gershwin, Paul Hindemith, Arnold Schoenberg, Edgard Varèse.
- Lejaren A. Hiller: Computer Music Pioneer.
- Morton Feldman: A Celebration of His 80th Birthday.
- The Photography of Irene Haupt.
- Preserving Lejaren A. Hiller's Flowcharts: A Case Study
- Rediscovering Pieces of the Past: The Manuscript Scores of Ferdinand Praeger
- Treasures from the Collection of Florian Bruyas
- University School Songs: 1903-2008
- Music and Musicians at the Pan-American Exposition
One component of the University Libraries exhibit, Illuminations: Revisiting the Buffalo Pan-American Exposition of 1901
- Fragmentary Partbooks c. 1520
- Frederick and Alice Slee: Musical Benfactors
- Remembering Leo Smit (1921-1999)
- June in Buffalo 25th Anniversary Exhibit
- June in Buffalo 1986-2010: An exhibition honoring the 25th anniversary with David Felder as Artistic Director