Music Library Exhibits
Performing the Music of Julius Eastman
This exhibit, curated by Associate Librarian Dr. John Bewley, contains writings about the multi-talented Julius Eastman (1940-1990) by three musicians who worked with him in Buffalo and New York City: Jan Williams, Joseph Kubera, and Bobby Previte. It also includes text by Jeff Weston about the challenges presented by the notational practices of Eastman and text by John Smigielski about the three works presented on a famous concert at Northwestern University in 1980. The exhibit includes rarely-seen photographs of Julius Eastman by former Buffalo resident Chris Rusiniak.
The exhibit was planned to occur in conjunction with performances of Eastman's music and a lecture by Renee Levine-Packer at the Burchfield-Penney Art Gallery, February 10, 2017. https://www.burchfieldpenney.org/events/event:02-10-2017-8-00pm-the-music-of-julius-eastman-featuring-percussionist-amy-knoles/
- Boys will be girls, girls will be boys: Cross-gender roles in opera.
- Cameron Baird: Bringing Paul Hindemith and Aaron Copland to Buffalo
- Celebrating the Life and Career of Carol June Bradley, 1934-2009
- The Center of the Creative and Performing Arts: Commemorating the Fiftieth Anniversary of its Founding
- Commemoration of the Inaugural Concert Funded by the Muriel Wolf and Albert Steger Endowment
- The Composer's Eye: Morton Feldman, George Gershwin, Paul Hindemith, Arnold Schoenberg, Edgard Varèse.
- If Music Be the Food of Love: Shakespeare in the Music Library
- Lejaren A. Hiller: Computer Music Pioneer.
- Morton Feldman: A Celebration of His 80th Birthday.
- Performing the Music of Julius Eastman
- The Photography of Irene Haupt.
- Preserving Lejaren A. Hiller's Flowcharts: A Case Study
- Rediscovering Pieces of the Past: The Manuscript Scores of Ferdinand Praeger
- Treasures from the Collection of Florian Bruyas
- University School Songs: 1903-2008
- Music and Musicians at the Pan-American Exposition
One component of the University Libraries exhibit, Illuminations: Revisiting the Buffalo Pan-American Exposition of 1901
- Fragmentary Partbooks c. 1520
- Frederick and Alice Slee: Musical Benfactors
- Remembering Leo Smit (1921-1999)
- June in Buffalo 25th Anniversary Exhibit
- June in Buffalo 1986-2010: An exhibition honoring the 25th anniversary with David Felder as Artistic Director