Music Library Exhibits
June in Buffalo 2015: Edge of the Center: an exhibit celebrating the 40th anniversary of the festival's founding, and the 30th anniversary of David Felder's tenure as Artistic Director.
This exhibit, written and curated by Ethan Hayden, focuses in particular on David Felder's work as artistic director, as well as this year's faculty composers: Martin Bresnick, Brian Ferneyhough, Bernard Rands, Augusta Read Thomas, Roger Reynolds, Harvey Sollberger, Steven Stucky, and Charles Wuorinen. These artists have been some of the most supportive and most performed over the years, and have played an important role in the festival's development and continuing success.
This year, the June in Buffalo festival celebrates the 40th anniversary of its founding, and the 30th anniversary of David Felder's tenure as artistic director. With such an extensive and rich history, June and Buffalo is the oldest American festival of its kind, and emerging composers have benefited from its singular excellence throughout the thirty years of Felder's directorship.
Past Exhibit Summaries
- Boys will be girls, girls will be boys: Cross-gender roles in opera.
- Cameron Baird: Bringing Paul Hindemith and Aaron Copland to Buffalo
- Celebrating the Life and Career of Carol June Bradley, 1934-2009
- The Center of the Creative and Performing Arts: Commemorating the Fiftieth Anniversary of its Founding
- Commemoration of the Inaugural Concert Funded by the Muriel Wolf and Albert Steger Endowment
- The Composer's Eye: Morton Feldman, George Gershwin, Paul Hindemith, Arnold Schoenberg, Edgard Varèse.
- Lejaren A. Hiller: Computer Music Pioneer.
- Morton Feldman: A Celebration of His 80th Birthday.
- The Photography of Irene Haupt.
- Preserving Lejaren A. Hiller's Flowcharts: A Case Study
- Rediscovering Pieces of the Past: The Manuscript Scores of Ferdinand Praeger
- Treasures from the Collection of Florian Bruyas
- University School Songs: 1903-2008
- Music and Musicians at the Pan-American Exposition
One component of the University Libraries exhibit, Illuminations: Revisiting the Buffalo Pan-American Exposition of 1901
- Fragmentary Partbooks c. 1520
- Frederick and Alice Slee: Musical Benfactors
- Remembering Leo Smit (1921-1999)
- June in Buffalo 25th Anniversary Exhibit
- June in Buffalo 1986-2010: An exhibition honoring the 25th anniversary with David Felder as Artistic Director