Music Library Exhibits
Exhibit in Commemoration of the Inaugural Concert Funded by the Muriel Wolf and Albert Steger Endowment
This exhibit is in commemoration of the first concert funded by the endowment established by Muriel Wolf and Albert Steger. It was their stated desire that the funds be used by the Music Library to produce concerts of music by Buffalo area composers. The exhibit contains information about Muriel and Albert, as well as five of the composers on the concert program: Anton Wolf, Allen Sapp, Lejarebn Hiller, Lukas Foss, and Jeffrey Stadelman.
View the exhibit in the Music Library, 104 Baird Hall, now through May 2014. Or view the summary of the exhibit online.
Exhibit curated by John Bewley.
Past Exhibit Summaries
- Boys will be girls, girls will be boys: Cross-gender roles in opera.
- Celebrating the Life and Career of Carol June Bradley, 1934-2009
- Commemoration of the Inaugural Concert Funded by the Muriel Wolf and Albert Steger Endowment
- The Composer's Eye: Morton Feldman, George Gershwin, Paul Hindemith, Arnold Schoenberg, Edgard Varèse.
- Morton Feldman: A Celebration of His 80th Birthday.
- Lejaren A. Hiller: Computer Music Pioneer.
- The Photography of Irene Haupt.
- Preserving Lejaren A. Hiller's Flowcharts: A Case Study
- Rediscovering Pieces of the Past: The Manusript Scores of Ferdinand Praeger
- Treasures from the Collection of Florian Bruyas
- University School Songs: 1903-2008
- Music and Musicians at the Pan-American Exposition
One component of the University Libraries exhibit, Illuminations: Revisiting the Buffalo Pan-American Exposition of 1901
- Fragmentary Partbooks c. 1520
- Frederick and Alice Slee: Musical Benfactors
- Remembering Leo Smit (1921-1999)
- June in Buffalo 25th Anniversary Exhibit
- June in Buffalo 1986-2010: An exhibition honoring the 25th anniversary with David Felder as Artistic Director