Lejaren Hiller Archive: Technical Reports
from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and SUNY at Buffalo
Technical Reports from the University of Illinois at Urana-Champaign
Materials located: ML3798.I5
- Hiller, Lejaren Arthur. "Music for Two One-Act Plays: Revised Performance Scripts for 'B1ue is the Antecedent of It' and 'Cuthbert Bound'," 1961/68.
- Baker, Robert A. "Preparation of Musicwriter Punched Paper Tape for Use by the ILLIAC Digital Computer," 1961.
- Temperley, Nicholas M. "Personal Tempo and Subjective Accentuation," 1961.
- Hiller, Lejaren Arthur. "Report on Contemporary Experimental Music, 1961," 1962.
- Hiller, Lejaren Arthur. "lnformation Theory and Musical Analysis," 1962.
- Hiller, Lejaren Arthur. "Seven Electronic Studies for Two-Channel Tape Recorder (1963)," 1963.
- Beauchamp, James W. "A Statement of Progress of the Research Investigation 'Generation and Creation of New Electronic Sounds'," 1963.
- Hiller, Lejaren Arthur and Robert A. Baker, "'Computer Cantata': A Study in Composition Using the University of Illinois IBM 7090 and CSX-1 Electronic Digital Computers," 1963.
- Baker, Robert A. "MUsic Simulator-Interpreter for Compositional Procedures for the IBM 7090 Electronic Digital Computer," 1963.
- Beauchamp, James W. "A Report on the Magnavox Sponsored Research Investigation: "The Development of New Electronic Systems for Generating Musical Sound," 1964.
- Hansell, Susan Hostrup. "A Provisional List of Electronic Music Compositions," 1966.
- Hiller, Lejaren Arthur, J. L. Divilbiss, David Barron, Herbert Brün and Erh Lin. "Operator's Manual for the CSX-1 Music Machine," 1966.
- Hiller, Lejaren Arthur and Antonio Leal, "Revised Musicomp Manual," 1966.
- Beauchamp, James W., Alton B. Otis, Gary R. Grossman and James A. Cuomo. "Four Sound Processing Programs for the ILLIAC II Computer and D/A Converter," 1968.
- Beauchamp, James W. "A Computer System for Time-Variant Harmonic Analysis and Synthesis of Musical Tones," 1967.
- Rogers, Marvin C. Jr. "An Artificial Reverberation System for the Electronic Music Studio," 1967.
- Otis, Alton B. "An Analog Input/Output System for the ILLIAC II," 1967.
- Hiller, Lejaren Arthur. "Music Composed with Computer -- An Historical Survey," 1968.
- Hiller, Lejaren Arthur and James W. Beauchamp. "Review of Completed and Proposed Research on Analysis and Synthesis of Musical Sounds by Analog and Digital Techniques," 1967.
- Andrus, Donald. "An Analysis of the Acoustics Of Tamtam Sounds," 1968.
- Beauchamp, James W. "Electronic Music Equipment, 1950-1970, A Technical Survey," 1970.
Technical Reports from SUNY at Buffalo
No. 1-13 are catalogued separately; on the open shelves.
- Chang, Chaw-Bing. "The Design of an Interface Machine Between a PDP-8 Computer and an Ampex-354 Audio Tape Recorder," 1970. ML3798.C45
- Kleen, Leslie D. "Two Research Applications in Musical Applications of Electronic Digital Computers," 1972. ML3798.K6
- Brainerd, Robert F. "Two Musical Applications of Computer Programming," 1972. ML3798.B7
- Hiller, Lejaren Arthur. "Computer Programs Used to Produce the Composition HPSCHD," 1972. Buffalo: National Science Foundation Project No. GK-14191. ML410.H6542ZH6
- Asuar, Jose Vicent. "Programmed Control of Analog Sound Generators by a Digital Computer," 1973. ML3798.A82
- Kumra, Raveesh K. "The Composition of ALGORITHMS II by a Digital Computer," 1973. MT41.K8
- Gena, Peter. "'MUSICOL Manual, Version 1, (MUSical Instruction Composition Oriented Language) for the 6400 Digital Computer," 1973. MT41.G35M8
- Seirup, John. "TR4P4, A Fortran Program Dealing with the Computer Simulation of Traditional Four-Part Harmony," 1973. MT41.S44
- Gena, Peter. "Closed Subroutines for Music Composition (Eleven Subroutines by Lejaren Hiller and Peter Gena, Programmed in Fortran 4," 1975. MT41.G35
- Hiller, Lejaren Arthur. "Phrase Generation in Computer Music Composition," 1978. MT41.H588
- Ames, Charles. "Mustran 4.1, User's Manual," 1979. MT41.A59 1979
- Hiller, Lejaren Arthur. "Composing the Second Movement of ALGORITHMS III," 1980. ML410.H6542ZH58
- Hiller, Lejaren. "Computer Programs Used to Produce the Composition ALGORITHMS I," 1983. ML410.H6542ZH59
- Hiller, Lejaren. "Computer Programs Used to Produce the Composition, ALGORITHMS III," in preparation. (Not in Archive or The Music Library)