Honor with Books
No matter how many electronic resources we provide, the University Libraries still need books! Books are the main scholarly medium for many disciplines, especially the Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences. Books also are the primary means of preserving knowledge and our cultural heritage.
Donations to the Honor with Books program are always welcome and will be applied to the purchase of new books. Personalized bookplates in each book will recognize your contribution.
For every $100 you donate, you will fund the purchase and processing of one new book. A bookplate will be placed on or near the front inside cover of each book featuring your name or the name of a friend or family member you would like to honor,and appropriate words of your choosing. For example:
- "This book is donated by Jean and Howard Long"
- "This book donated in memory of Mary Dickinson, 1925-2001"
- "This book donated in honor of Melanie Hunt, UB Class of 2003, upon her graduation, by her parents, Patricia and George Hunt"
- "This book donated in honor of Rose and David Clemens, by their son, Dylan, UB Class of 2003, upon graduation"
- "This book donated in honor of Professor Timothy Squire, by Kent Sinclair, UB Class of 2003"
Please make checks payable to "UB Foundation" and write "Honor with Books" in the memo line on your check. Please send your donation and the Reply Form to the following address:
UB Libraries Development Office
432 Capen Hall
Buffalo, NY 14260
Tel. (716) 645-0850
Honor with Books donations are tax deductible. Your gift will have an impact on UB students and faculty for many years to come, making you a long-term supporter of research, teaching, and learning.