Library use is a privilege. If an individual or group does not adhere to UB Libraries policies, other patrons have the right to report these concerns, problems, or policy violations at a library service desk or to any staff member.
Individuals found in violation of the University Libraries Code of Conduct may be:
- Asked to present identification;
- Asked to leave the premises;
- Asked to agree to a search of backpacks or bags;
- Reported to UBPD;
- Suspended from access to all library facilities for a period of time;
- Refused future access to all library locations and services.
The University Libraries reserve the right to take disciplinary or legal action in accordance with applicable University at Buffalo rules, policies and regulations, and federal, state or local laws and policies.