South Campus Buildings
The State University of New York at Buffalo's South Campus is located at Bailey Avenue and Main Street. The 178-acre campus sits on the former site of the Erie County Almshouse. Several buildings, including Hayes Hall, Townsend Hall, and Wende Hall were retained and renovated when the area was redesigned for the University. The first building constructed was Foster Hall in 1921. For more information see Introduction to the South Campus.
Provided below is a listing of existing South Campus structures by their current names (former and familiar names are also included for clarity). Many of the building names were relocated to new structures on the University's North Campus in the 1970s and 1980s. The structures on South Campus were then renamed.
Alphabetical Listing of Buildings on UB's South Campus
(known as the Health Sciences Library) -- formerly Lockwood Memorial Library
-- formerly Baird Hall
-- formerly University Bookstore, Faculty Club
-- formerly Health Sciences Building
-- formerly Medical-Dental Building, Capen Hall
-- formerly "Old" Norton Union
Howe Research Building
-- formerly Acheson Hall
-- formery Tower Hall
-- formerly Engineering Building
-- formerly Cooke Residence Hall
-- formerly "New" Norton Union
-- formerly Biology Building
-- formerly Hochstetter Hall Temporary Buildings
Other University at Buffalo building information webpages:
See a list of the University's buildings maintained on the University's main site.