Due to UB Libraries' upcoming migration to a new library system, we must end ordering multimedia material for this academic year earlier than in past years. Please submit any requests for purchasing multimedia material such as DVDs, streaming audio or video, by the end of the business day Tuesday, April 9, 2019.
If you have any questions, you can contact our interim Associate University Librarian, Richard Wisneski
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Silverman Library Multimedia Services is home to the University Libraries’ largest collection of DVDs, CDs and other audio visual formats as well as two Video Recording Studios and four editing workstations.
- Other multimedia collections and services are available at Health Sciences Library on the South Campus, and on the North Campus, in the Music Library collection in Baird Hall and the Koren Audio Visual Center in the Law Library, O’Brian Hall.
- Multimedia collections in all University Libraries may be discovered by searching the Libraries’ Catalog directly. Faculty may reserve DVDs for classroom viewing through the Booking feature tab in the Libraries’ Catalog records. Streaming video and audio titles are available through several subscription services, together with those licensed and available through the Libraries’ Catalog. See the Selecting Media and Streaming Media pages for detailed information.
- Equipment Loans are available to help students create audio and visual materials for class projects. Reserve items online and pick-up at the Silverman Service Desk on the third floor of Silverman Library.
- Video Recording and Editing facilities are available and must be reserved on our web page.
- Video Clip Service - Multimedia staff will work with you create video clips for instructional use. Copyright restrictions do apply, so please contact us at email@example.com to make an appointment.