Steps for Selecting Video and Audio Resources
|In class viewing or single use||DVD||Check the Libraries' Catalog for DVDs and streaming, as well as our Streaming Media page.|
|In class and required student viewing outside class||DVD or Streaming||For larger classes we recommend streaming. For smaller classes we recommend placing DVD on course reserve.|
|Online course||Streaming||Check with librarian for licensing or copyright restrictions.|
Choose the proper format for your instructional needs.
Search the Libraries’ Catalog. UB Libraries own thousands of DVD and streaming titles. (Instructions below)
Find your items?
- Reserve DVD, VHS, CDs for your classroom showing date through our Booking service. (Faculty only)
Item not in catalog?
DVD and VHS
To locate DVD and VHS materials in the UB Libraries collection, search the Libraries' Catalog.
- select Advanced from Search Options
- enter your search terms
- select Video recording from the Format drop-down menu
On the catalog page for your title:
- Faculty may reserve the DVD or VHS for use on a specific date through the Booking Request option (just above the title)
Instructions for placing materials on Course Reserve.
- The loan periods for reserve videos are shorter than normal 10 day loan period, usually 2 or 4 hours. This gives all of your students the opportunity to have ample access to the videos.
Didn’t find the video you want in our UB licensed streaming or DVD collections? Contact Multimedia Services staff at email@example.com