Do you have a Big Idea? It can be anything, from a business venture, to an innovative product, to a community development plan. To help nurture and grow your Big Idea, the University Libraries, along with the Center for Undergraduate Research & Creative Activities (CURCA), and UB Provost Charles Zukoski, invite UB undergraduate students to enter our Big Idea Contest.
The student with the best Big Idea, as determined by a panel of judges and the UB community, will win $500, along with lunch and two mentorship sessions with UB Provost Zukoski.
- The Big Idea contest is open to current UB undergraduate students only.
- Students must submit a written description of their Big Idea (maximum 1 page).
- Submission deadline: 5 p.m. Wednesday, March 30th, 2016 as a PDF document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Three finalists will be chosen and notified on Friday, April 1, 2016.
- On Monday, April 4, 2016, the 3 finalists will each have 10 minutes to present their Big Idea to a panel of UB celebrity judges and to the UB Community in a live Google Hangout on Air.
- Presentations must include references to research related to your Big Idea.
- The UB Community will have an opportunity to vote for their favorite Big Idea via Twitter Poll.
- Twitter Poll will close at midnight April 4, 2016.
- Questions? Contact Cindi Tysick via email or call (716) 645-8629
Judges will announce the winning Big Idea in a live Google Hangout on Air on Tuesday, April 5, 2016.