JAMAevidence provides guidance for the systematic consideration of the validity, importance, and applicability of claims in the assessment of health problems and the outcomes of health care. Access JAMAevidence through HSL’s description page – it is full-text, and UB only.
JAMAevidence uses a foundation of three texts:
- Users’ Guides to the Medical Literature: A Manual for Evidence-Based Clinical Practice, 3rd ed, focuses on the fundamental concepts of evidence-based medicine (EBM)
- The Rational Clinical Examination: Evidence-Based Clinical Diagnosis covers cases and statistics associated to those cases
- Care at the Close of Life: Evidence and Experience describes patient cases in the use of palliative care
JAMAevidence also provides the following to support the learning and understanding of EBM concepts:
- Powerpoint slides with greater detail on various concepts
- Calculators to assist with understanding statistical concepts seen in case studies
- Monthly podcasts that go into greater detail about concepts found in core text material
- Custom learning tools for critical appraisal and synthesizing information
To access the critical appraisal worksheets, it is necessary to create a free account within JAMAevidence.
A brief tutorial for new users is available at: JAMAevidence Demo – check it out!