Are you a UB Undergrad with a Big Idea? Enter the MY BIG IDEA Contest!
Do you have a Big Idea? It can be anything, from a business venture, to an innovative product, to a community development plan. To help nurture and grow your Big Idea, the University Libraries and UB Provost Charles Zukoski, invite UB undergraduate students to enter the My Big Idea Contest.
The first 5 individuals who enter the contest will receive a free beverage certificate, courtesy of Whispers Café.
The student with the best Big Idea, as determined by a panel of UB “celebrity” judges, will win $500, along with lunch with Provost Zukoski and Beth Adelman, Interim Vice Provost for University Libraries .
Questions? Contact Cindi Tysick at firstname.lastname@example.org or 716-645-8629.
- The Big Idea contest is open to current UB undergraduate students only.
- Please submit a written description of your Big Idea (maximum 2 pages) as a PDF document to: email@example.com
- Submission deadline: 5 p.m. Monday, November 12, 2018
- Three finalists will be chosen and notified on Friday, November 16, 2018.
- They will have approximately two weeks to craft a 10 minute pitch.
- The pitch must mention supporting research (i.e. SWOT analysis of other businesses, data on target audience, qualitative research on project impacts, etc.)
- Finalists are encouraged to meet with a subject librarian to assist them in a review of the literature.
- On Thursday, December 6, 2018 the 3 finalists present their Big Idea to a panel of UB celebrity judges and to the UB Community in a live stream from the UB Libraries’ FB page.
- After deliberation the judges will announce the winning Big Idea immediately following the live pitch.
Questions? Contact Cindi Tysick at firstname.lastname@example.org or 716-645-8629