- Classic nursing textbooks
- General histories of nursing and nursing organizations
- War nursing
- Original Florence Nightingale works
- More than 230 instruments, sets of instruments and artifacts that illustrate past medical, dental and other health sciences procedures
- Includes microscopes, surgical and dental instruments, anatomical models, leech jars and bleeding instruments.
- Show globes
- Medicines and glass bottles
- Mortars and pestles
Dr. Jackson was a country doctor who practiced in Verona, NY and graduated from the UB Medical School in 1881.
- Medical instruments
- Handwritten journals and notebooks
- Personal effects
- Four 16” x 10” (40.6 cm x 25.4 cm) “scrapbooks” with a total of 789 pages of articles from Buffalo, Western New York and other newspapers.
- The time period covered is October 31, 1901 through June 14, 1906.
- The subject matter includes public health issues such as disease outbreaks in the city and elsewhere, sewage, water, food and milk purity, tenements and animal control as well as Buffalo and area politics. There are numerous images and cartoons.