A wide variety of media and technology equipment is available for loan to current UB students, faculty and staff, including:
- 360 / 3D / AR / VR Equipment
- Adaptors & Cables
- Audio Equipment
- Camera Accessories
- Camera Lenses
- DSLR & Mirrorless Cameras
- Laptops: Chromebooks
- Laptops: Dells & HPs
- Point & Shoot Cameras
- Smart Phone Accessories
- Tech Tools
Short Term Loan Equipment
The following items can be checked out from the Silverman Library 3rd floor service desk without a reservation. Short term loan equipment has a 4-hour limit and must be returned before 11:30pm or 30 minutes before closing.Available Items
- HDMI Cables
- Lightning Cables
- Micro USB Cables
- Mini DisplayPort Adapters
- Portable DVD Players/Writers
- TI-30XIIS Scientific Calculator
- TI-84 Plus CE Graphing Calculator
- USB-C Cables
- USB-C to HDMI Adapter
UB Laptop Loan Program
Long term loan laptops available for the whole semester.
The University Libraries are committed to supporting the education and access to all equipment available, but we only have a limited amount of equipment to loan. Please be respectful of others by following the policies below.
- The default equipment loan period is 7 days. Please note that another user might have booked the equipment after your due date.
- You CANNOT renew the same item from the booking system by creating a second booking, it will not register in your library account.
- Your UB card is required for checking out equipment, please have it with you at the pickup appointment.
- Fines & Fees
- The non-refundable late fee for the non-return of equipment is $10 a day. If an item is overdue for more than 3 days, it will be declared LOST and a replacement fee + processing fee ($25) will be charged to your account. This could be as much as $2500 depending on the equipment borrowed. Upon return of lost item, replacement fee will be removed but late fees will stay on the account.
- A Service Hold/Indicator will be placed on your STUDENT ACCOUNT for items that have been declared LOST for more than 7 days. This will prevent you from registering for classes, getting your grades/diploma, and other services.
- Reservations must be made at least 1 business day (before 5:00pm) in advance.
- You may only check out one camcorder at a time.
- You may only check out one DSLR/Mirrorless camera at a time.
- You may only check out one laptop at a time.
- Please contact us if you do not receive a confirmation email after completing your reservation.
- Pick up equipment at the Silverman Library Equipment Loan circulation desk on the second floor between 8am – 11:30pm during the Fall and Spring semesters and 9am – 4:30pm during intersession, breaks, and the Summer semester.
- Equipment must be returned at the Silverman Library Equipment Loan desk on the second floor.
- At your pickup appointment and when you return your equipment, staff will go over the parts check list with you. This can take up to 15 minutes or more, please plan accordingly.
- We do not accept the excuse that a part was already missing or damaged when the item was checked out.
- Please work with staff to go over all the parts before you leave with the equipment. We will not accept a return if any part of the equipment is missing.
- Reservations will be cancelled if equipment is not pick up on the day of the appointment.
- Borrowing privileges may be suspended for late returns or missed appointments.
- You are responsible for the equipment in your possession. Replacement fees + processing fees will be charged to your account for missing pieces, broken items, or lost/stolen items.
- The University Libraries have the right to limit the number of reservations you can make on an item in order to provide access to all patrons.
- Borrowing of item is contingent on the item being returned on time by the prior user. You may call to verify the equipment will be ready for pick-up.
- You are responsible for deleting data on memory devices. Equipment with memory capabilities will have their data erased within 24 hours of return.
WE WANT YOUR FEEDBACK! Please contact us with any questions, suggestions or concerns - firstname.lastname@example.org | 716-645-1328
For Lost/Damaged/Late Return Items, please contact: email@example.com.