We have purchased the online version of the seven-volume encyclopedia, Comprehensive Biomaterials II, 2nd edition (Elsevier, 2017).
This work addresses the current status of nearly all biomaterials in the field, their strengths and weaknesses, their future prospects, appropriate analytical methods and testing, device applications and performance, emerging candidate materials as competitors and disruptive technologies, research and development, regulatory management, commercial aspects, and applications, including medical applications.
Content coverage is as follows:
- Volume 1: Metallic, Ceramic, and Polymeric Biomaterials
- Volume 2: Biologically Inspired and Biomolecular Materials
- Volume 3: Methods of Analysis
- Volume 4: Biocompatibility, Surface Engineering, and Delivery of Drugs, Genes and Other Molecules
- Volume 5: Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine: Fundamentals
- Volume 6: Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine: Applications
- Volume 7: Biomaterials and Clinical Use