Let your poetic voice be heard!
The University Libraries invites UB undergraduate and graduate students to participate in our annual poetry competitions. Entries are due by Friday, March 15 at 5pm in the following categories:
The Dan Liberthson Poetry Prize
$100 prize for the best poem or group of poems submitted by a UB graduate student.
The Friends of the University Libraries Undergraduate Poetry Prize
$200 prize for the best poem or group of poems submitted by a UB undergraduate student.
The Academy of American Poets Prize
$200 prize for the best poem or group of poems submitted by a UB undergraduate or graduate student.
2024 submission guidelines:
- One or more poems saved as a Word document (.doc, .docx)
- Entries should not exceed 5 pages
- Student’s name should not appear on the entries
- Include a cover sheet with:
- The name of the prize.
- Your name, address, e-mail and phone number.
- Please note that students can submit entries for up to two prizes.
- Email your entry as a single attachment to Lynn Lasota, email@example.com
For additional information, please contact: The Poetry Collection of the University Libraries at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By submitting to these prizes you agree to have your submission added to the Annual Student Poetry Contest records in the University Archives, to allow the University Archives to make preservation and access copies, and to the possibility that they may be displayed online in the future for educational purposes.