David J. Bertuca
116 Lockwood Memorial Library, North Campus
Buffalo, NY 14260
- Ph: 716-645-1332
Provides map/cartographic-related collections, research, and instructional support for all departments. Also provides general and specialized reference services at reference desks and via appointments.
Inter-disciplinary research assistance for cartographic materials.
Provide teaching for maps and cartographic materials, EndNote and other software applications.
ArcGIS Authorization contact. Provides search assistance for GIS datasets.
Education and Training
- MLS (cum laude): School of Information and Library Studies, State University of New York at Buffalo
- BS (cum laude): School of Graphic Arts and Photography, Rochester Institute of Technology
- Major: Professional Photography / Minors: Management, Psychology
- LIS571 Organization and Control of Recorded Information I, Department of Library and Information Studies, University at Buffalo (2007-2010).
- LIS702 Map Cataloging. School of Graduate Education, Department of Library and Information Studies, University at Buffalo (Fall 2009).
- Post-Graduate Workshops/Training Sessions
- Map Cataloging. All-day sessions to institutions and agencies (2005- ).
New Maps and Books Editor: Base line: a Newsletter of the Map and Geography Round Table (MAGERT (Map and Geography Round Table, American Library Association)). Bi-monthly column: "New Maps and Cartographic Materials, Along with Other Items of Interest."
Associate Editor for Cataloging and Metadata: Coordinates: Online Journal of the Map & Geography Round Table (e-journal) Map and Geography Round Table (MAGERT), American Library Association (2004-2011).
An online, peer-reviewed serial publication; also member of the Technical Committee, 2004-2010
Editor: NEMO Newsletter archive of printed editions
Editorial Board, Old Fort Niagara Publications Committee. Edit manuscripts, copy-proofing, and provide technical/layout assistance for scholarly monograph publications.
- North East Map Organization (NEMO)
- Upstate New York Science Librarians (NYSCILIB)
Other Service Interests include
National map organizations, Map cataloging associations, regional academic library associations, campus and community map-related activities. Also serve on boards of several community organizations.
Other activities for various organizations with graphic design and layout production of newsletters, brochures, logos, and promotional materials.