Liaison, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences & Department of Music
102D Abbott Hall, South Campus
Buffalo, NY 14214
- Ph: 716-829-5753
Department LiaisonPharmacy Practice, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Department of Music
- Liaison to the School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Education and Department of Music
- Teach library workshops for Endnote, literature searching, and other educational software
- Conduct library sessions for undergraduate and graduate students, residents, and other faculty in the areas of Pharmacy Practice, Pharmaceutical Sciences, and Musical Theatre
- Provide both in-library and embedded reference services to students and faculty
- Provide one-on-one research assistance consultations
- Provide collection development services in the Music Library for scores, cds, and dvds
Education and Training
- MLS, University at Buffalo
- BFA, York University
Journal Articles (refereed):
Elizabeth Stellrecht and Deborah Chiarella. “Targeted Evolution of Embedded Librarian Services: Providing Mobile Reference and Instruction Services Using iPads,”Medical Reference Services Quarterly, 34, no.4 (2015):397- 406.
Deborah Chiarella, Tina Khadem, Jack Brown, and Mark Wrobel. "Information Literacy Skills Retention Over the First Professional year of Pharmacy School," Medical References Services Quarterly, 33, no.3 (2014):302-312.
Michael Krajewski, Fredrick Doloresco, Mark Wrobel, Deborah Chiarella, Cory Fominaya, Peter Brody, and Linda Catanzaro. "Literature Searching Skills of first and Third Professional Year Pharmacy Students," Pharmacy Education, 13, no.1 (2013): 165-171.
Dean Hendrix, Deborah Chiarella, Linda Hasman, sharon Murphy and Michelle Zafron. "Use of Facebook in Academic Health Sciences Libraries," Journal of the Medical Library Association, 97, no.1 (2009): 44-47.
Linda Hasman and Deborah Chiarella. "Developing a Pain Management Resource Wiki for Cancer Patients." Journal of Consumer Health on the Internet, 12, no.4 (2008): 317-326.
Deborah Chiarella and Lauren Keefe. "Creating a Consumer Health Outreach Program for Western New York Senior Citizens: Continuing a Library School Project," Medical Reference Services Quarterly, 27, no.2 (2008): 221-228.
Editorial Board Members, Medical Reference Services Quarterly, 2016 - present
Editor, Health Literacy Column, Journal of Consumer Health on the Internet, 2009-2013
Co-Editor, Health Literacy Column, Journal of Consumer Health on the Internet, 2008-2009
Activities Professional Memberships
- Medical Library Association
- Upstate New York and Ontario Chapter of the Medical Library Association (Current Chair)
- Music Library Association