Liaison, Department of Music
112 Baird Hall, North Campus
Buffalo, NY 14260
- Ph: 716-829-5753
Department LiaisonDepartment of Music, Department of Theatre and Dance
- Liaison to the Department of Music and Department of Theatre and Dance
- Teach library workshops for Endnote, literature searching, and other educational software
- Conduct library sessions for undergraduate, graduate students, and faculty, and members of the community
- Provide both in-library and embedded reference services to students and faculty
- Provide one-on-one research assistance consultations
- Provide collection development services in the Music Library for scores, audio/visual material, and database selection.
Education and Training
- MLS, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
- BA - Music, York University, Toronto, Canada
Journal Articles (refereed):
Elizabeth Stellrecht and Deborah Chiarella. “Targeted Evolution of Embedded Librarian Services: Providing Mobile Reference and Instruction Services Using iPads,”Medical Reference Services Quarterly, 34, no.4 (2015):397- 406.
Deborah Chiarella, Tina Khadem, Jack Brown, and Mark Wrobel. "Information Literacy Skills Retention Over the First Professional year of Pharmacy School," Medical References Services Quarterly, 33, no.3 (2014):302-312.
Michael Krajewski, Fredrick Doloresco, Mark Wrobel, Deborah Chiarella, Cory Fominaya, Peter Brody, and Linda Catanzaro. "Literature Searching Skills of first and Third Professional Year Pharmacy Students," Pharmacy Education, 13, no.1 (2013): 165-171.
Dean Hendrix, Deborah Chiarella, Linda Hasman, sharon Murphy and Michelle Zafron. "Use of Facebook in Academic Health Sciences Libraries," Journal of the Medical Library Association, 97, no.1 (2009): 44-47.
Linda Hasman and Deborah Chiarella. "Developing a Pain Management Resource Wiki for Cancer Patients." Journal of Consumer Health on the Internet, 12, no.4 (2008): 317-326.
Deborah Chiarella and Lauren Keefe. "Creating a Consumer Health Outreach Program for Western New York Senior Citizens: Continuing a Library School Project," Medical Reference Services Quarterly, 27, no.2 (2008): 221-228.
Editorial Board Members, Medical Reference Services Quarterly, 2016 - present
Editor, Health Literacy Column, Journal of Consumer Health on the Internet, 2009-2013
Co-Editor, Health Literacy Column, Journal of Consumer Health on the Internet, 2008-2009
- Music Library Association
- New York State - Ontario Chapter, Music Library Association