Associate Librarian for the Humanities
424 Lockwood Memorial Library, North Campus
Buffalo, NY 14260
- Ph: 716-645-7744
Department LiaisonClassics, Comparative Literature, History, Jewish Thought, Mathematics, Philosophy
Education and Training
- MSLIS, Syracuse University, 2016
- PhD, Comparative Literature, University of Michigan, 2010
- BA, German, Franklin & Marshall College, 2001
“Ordinary beauty: An unashamed manifesto for LibGuides.” The Journal of Creative Library Practice, 29 November 2021.
With Jessica Clemons, "Augmented Reading: Digital Libraries as Proponents of Digital Humanities." In: Transformative Digital Humanities, ed. Mary M. Balkun & Marta M. Deyrup. New York: Routledge, 2020. 55-64.
"Translating Proust." Fiction and Film for Scholars of France: A Cultural Bulletin 10.2 (2020). (Open Access)
"The Art of Asking and Answering: Events, Things, and Librarianship in the Disciplines." Journal of New Librarianship 4.1 (2019): 95-117. (Open Access)
“Road to Nowhere: The Mobility of Oedipus and the Task of Interpretation.” American Journal of Philology 135 (2014): 29-55.
“Hard Saying: Language and Teaching in Augustine and Kierkegaard.” Diacritics 41.4 (2013): 112-136.
With Dean Hammer, “Simone Weil’s Iliad: The Power of Words.” The Review of Politics 72.1 (2010): 79-96.
- The present and future of reading
- Open access and open educational resources
- Structures and practices of research
- Ancient Greek & Latin; classical culture, history, literature, and philosophy; classical reception
- French & German culture, history, literature, and philosophy
- Continental philosophy, modern/contemporary literary & political theory
- American Classical League (ACL)
- American Library Association (ALA)
- Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL)
- Classical Association of the Atlantic States (CAAS)
- Classical Association of the Empire State (CAES)
- Society for Classical Studies (SCS)