Video Recording Studios
Whether you’re creating full-length video presentations or short class projects, our Video Recording Studios in Silverman Library make the process fast and easy.
Video Recording Studios are great for:
- Rehearsing for class presentations
- Presenting research papers, thesis or dissertation defenses
- Creating videos for online instruction, such as MOOCs
- Creating ePortfolio materials or video essays
- Recording mock interviews or patient interactions
- Green screen effects
- Make sure you have a reservation.
- Dedicate a flash drive with a minimum of 500 MB free space just for video recording work. Sharing a drive with important files like class project assignments or research papers is not recommended. 1 GB will store about 25 minutes of recording.
- No food or drink is permitted in the recording studios.
- Stop at the Silverman Service Desk to verify your reservation with your UB card.
- Staff will unlock the studio and go over the equipment checklist with you.
- Our software will automatically save your video file to your USB drive. If there is a problem saving please contact Library staff.
- All workstations reboot promptly at midnight, removing anything saved to the desktop.