Friends of the University Libraries Borrower Program
Membership in the Friends of the University Libraries Borrower Program is open to anyone interested in borrowing privileges at the University of Buffalo Libraries.
How does it work?
- For a yearly fee of $50.00, Friends receive a borrowing card enabling them to borrow materials from the University Libraries’ collections.
- To submit payment, please call 716-645-5950. Once payment has been made, please bring your receipt to any Library circulation desk to receive your card.
- A picture ID is required.
- Friends are provided with in-library access to searchable databases. The Libraries are unable to provide Friends with off-campus access to UB databases, electronic journals, and other subscription-based electronic resources due to licensing restrictions.
- Interlibrary loan and Empire Express services are not available for Friends.
- Friends may scan materials to email or to flash drives.
- Please notify staff at any circulation desk if your email or home address changes.
What are the borrowing policies?
- Friends may borrow circulating materials for 4 weeks. Audiovisual materials circulate for 10 days.
- Materials may be renewed three times online on or before the date due at My Library Account using your libname and password.
- Up to 25 items may be borrowed at one time.
- All materials are subject to recall.
Library Overdue and Fine Notices
- There are different overdue fine rates for different categories of materials. Fines for regularly circulating materials accrue at a rate of $.50 per day, per item.
- Guest borrowers with unpaid overdue fines are unable to borrow or renew library materials.
- As a courtesy, patrons will be reminded of the due date for circulating materials via email (or, in the absence of an email account, US mail) three days before an item is due.
- Additional reminders will be sent one and eight days after the due date.
- At 20 days past the due date, you will be billed a fee for a lost item and charged appropriately.
- The My Account feature on the libraries website can be used to view all library fines.
- Any questions concerning fines or replacement of lost items should be directed to the University Libraries Finances Office between the hours of 9:00am - 4:00 pm Monday through Friday.
- The borrower is responsible for accumulated overdue fines whether or not the overdue notice is received.