25 Goodrich Street
Location: Downtown, Lost Buildings
The building at 25 Goodrich Street in the City of Buffalo was the first home of the UB School of Dental Medicine. The site was adjacent to the School of Medicine's building at 24 High Street. Completed in 1896, the building was considered to be one of the first in the United States designed specifically for instruction in dental medicine. Due to growth in enrollment, the School of Dentistry quickly outgrew the building. A fourth floor was added in 1902. The building at 25 Goodrich Street served as the home of the School of Dentistry until 1953 when it moved to the newly completed Capen Hall (now Farber Hall) on what is now UB's South Campus.
- 1896 -- Construction completed
- 1902 -- Construction of an additional fourth floor completed
- 1953 -- The School of Dentistry moves to Capen Hall (now Farber Hall) on what is now UB's South Campus.
Original Architect: George Cary
Construction Cost: $36,000