Dr. Charles Cary Hall
Current Name: Dr. Charles Cary Hall
Former Name: Health Sciences Building (1960 - circa 1987)
Part of the Medical-Dental sector of the University's South Campus.
Dr. Charles Cary (1852-1931), University of Buffalo Medical School Class of 1875, was Professor of Anatomy, dean of the Medical School and a member of the University Council for forty-nine years.
- 1959 -- (June 6) Groundbreaking for the Health Sciences Building
- 1959 -- (November 17) Cornerstone ceremony
- 1960 -- (September 10) Dedication
- pre-1987 -- Renamed Charles Cary Hall
Original Architect: James, Meadows & Howard
Original Contractors: John W. Cowper Co.
Construction Cost: $2,182,749. The cost of the building increased to $2.5 million with the inclusion of equipment; the center to include pharmacy, biology, and nursing.
Original Size: 1,483,603 sq. ft.