Lillias M. MacDonald Residence Hall
Location: South, Residences, Lost Buildings
MacDonald Hall is one of four matching dormitories (including Pritchard/Cooke, Michael, and Schoellkopf Halls) surrounding Kimball Tower that began UB's history as a residential college. It was originally built as a women's residence hall.
Lillias M. MacDonald (1885-1961) was the University of Buffalo's first Dean of Women (1922-1952), established the Physical Education program, and was one of the greatest advocates for establishing residence halls.
- 1952 -- Construction on building started on Cooke, MacDonald, and Schoellkopf halls.
- 1952 -- (March 25) Groundbreaking ceremony
- 1952 -- (November 5) Cornerstone ceremony
- 1953 -- (February 1) Completion of MacDonald Residence Hall
- 1953 -- (November 15) Dedication
Original Architect: James & Meadows
Original Contractors: BAW Construction Co., Inc.
Construction Cost: $1.5 million (for all three dormitory buildings - MacDonald, Schoellkopf, and Cooke)