UB Faculty Instructional Touchdown Rooms: Silverman Library
The Silverman Library has designated 17 spaces as faculty touchdown rooms for synchronous and asynchronous remote teaching.
Faculty members or teaching assistants may reserve a touchdown room by completing and submitting the reservation form below. Please remember:
- Allow one business day when submitting a reservation request, staff will contact you within 24 hours with a room confirmation.
- Library staff will book rooms on a first come first serve basis. Weekly recurring room bookings will be available depending on demand and availability.
- Faculty walk-ins may also use the service if a room and timeslot are available.
- Rooms are opened for remote instruction Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.
- Due to social distancing requirements, reservations for regular rooms are for single occupants only. For our large room (1 available), 2 person is allowed but must be socially distanced. To request a large room, please enter the request in the “Additional Requirement” field of the form.
- Rooms cannot be booked for regular daily (consecutive) semester use.
- The Silverman Library reserves the right to modify room scheduling based on demand.
Touchdown space reservation and your arrival for teaching.
- Please check-in at the 3rd Floor Silverman Service Desk at least five minutes before your booked appointment. Please have your UB Card and confirmation at the time of check-in.
- Faculty are asked not to be later than fifteen minutes after their appointed time, after that time, staff will be free to give the room to another faculty member.
- Upon check-in our staff will unlock the study room for you.
- When you are finished, please check-out at the Service Desk, and staff will relock the room.
*All Required Fields