George HadleyBorn: 1813
George Hadley was professor of chemistry and pharmacy at the University of Buffalo School of Medicine from the school's founding in 1846 until his death in 1877.
When naming places on the North Campus, UB chose the founding faculty of the School of Medicine for some of the Campus Roads. Hadley Road, which runs from Augspurger Road near Hadley Village to White Road near the Governors Residence Halls, was named in honor of George Hadley.
Source: Batt, Ronald Elmer, et al. Another Era: A Pictorial History of the School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences. Virginia Beach: The Donning Co., 1996 p. 20.
Affiliation(s): Chemistry, Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
Record Group(s): 20, 19