William H. CrosbyDeath: 1944
William H. Crosby (d. 1944) served as treasurer of the University and chair of the finance committee. He and his family gave $400,000 to the University for the reconstruction of East Hall, a former county building. The original intention was to use the gifts of the Crosby family to renovate the former county building known as East Hall, and rename the building as Crosby Hall. However, the University decided it was better to demolish the old building, and use the site for an entirely new structure.
Affiliation(s): University Council
Record Group(s): 2
Biographical File Contains: