Building Use & Security
All library users are expected to follow instructions for emergency situations such as alarms or public address announcements.
For the security and safety of others, library users must not:
- Exhibit any threatening or intimidating behaviors, such as abusive language, threats of violence, or any other type of harassment;
- Engage in behavior that is potentially unsafe or harmful to self or others;
- Bring firearms, explosives, other weapons or other dangerous chemicals into the Libraries;
- Engage in any sexual activities.
- Use alcohol or controlled substances in any library space;
- Use tobacco in any form (including e-cigarettes/vapors) in the Libraries, stairwells and elevators as UB is a smoke-free campus;
- Take photographs or videos of staff or patrons without permission. Photography/videography in library spaces must be approved by UB Libraries administration.
- Leave personal belongings unattended. The Libraries are not responsible for personal items. Items left unattended for an extended period of time may be removed by library staff or the UBPD.
- Leave children unsupervised in UB Libraries. The University at Buffalo is committed to protecting the safety and well-being of children who are on university premises, and/or who participate in university-related programs and activities, both on and off campus. To protect their welfare, children, as defined by UB policy, are required to have appropriate adult supervision at all times.