Delivery+ is the free delivery service the University at Buffalo Libraries use to provide library materials for active faculty, staff and students to support their teaching, learning and research needs. Use Delivery+ to request materials from the UB Libraries or any library in the world.
There are two ways to request materials using Delivery+.
- Use the Everything Search to locate library materials.
Login to My Account website with your UBIT Name and Password. Request any item in your search results with ‘Get It’ or ‘How to Get It’ options.
If items are unavailable at UB or SUNY, the request will be submitted to non-UB/SUNY Libraries.
Delivery+ options may not be available for the following collections:
- Course Reserve
- Special Collections
- Materials located at the Circulation/Library Services Desk
- Use your UB Libraries "My Account" Delivery+
Login to My Account on the Libraries’ website with your UBIT Name and Password. Go to the Delivery+ Requests Tab and choose “Submit Request” from the dropdown menu.
Complete the form associated with the type of material you are requesting:
- Journal article
- Book Chapter
- Conference paper
- For physical materials, select your preferred delivery location.
- For electronic materials such as journal articles and book chapters, the material will be delivered to My Account.
- For e-books, a link to the ebook will be sent to My Account.
- Including ISSN, ISBN or DOI information will produce faster processing time which may result in receiving requested materials more quickly.
If you are using a browser to search the internet for journal articles, we recommend that you install and use browser extensions to help locate and request these materials.
NOTE: Delivery+ article and book chapter requests that are not compliant with the Fair Use doctrine of US Copyright Law will be cancelled.
Estimated Delivery Times
- Books or Media available at UB Libraries: 3-7 business days or longer.
- Books or Media not available at the UB Libraries: Often 7-10 business days for items but may take up to 6 weeks for high demand or rare items.
- Journal articles or book chapters at UB Libraries: 3-7 business days.
- Journal articles or book chapters not available at UB Libraries: 3-7 business days but may take longer depending on the lending institution.
NOTE: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Delivery+ requests may be delayed due to limited staffing and reduced delivery schedules.