Delivery+ is the free delivery service the University at Buffalo Libraries use to provide library materials for active faculty, staff and students to support their teaching, learning and research needs. Use Delivery+ to request materials from the UB Libraries or any library in the world.
Pickup / Delivery
Pick up requested materials in Abbott Library or Lockwood Library during regular hours or use the self-serve pickup lockers.
Law students and law faculty may pick up requested materials in the Law Library during regular hours.
- Materials are available on the Delivery+ hold shelves for 10 days past the date of notice.
- Materials retrieved from the hold shelves must be checked out using the UB Libraries self-check app on your personal device or by using the kiosks located in Lockwood and Abbott Libraries.
For additional options, see instructions for pickup lockers below.
Home or Office Delivery
- Home delivery for UB students:
- Materials may be delivered to a student’s local or permanent address.
- Choose ‘Local (student)’ or ‘Permanent (student)’ under Pick Up location on the Request form.
- Students are responsible for ensuring their address is correct. See the registrar’s website for more information about student addresses.
- Home or office delivery for UB Faculty and Staff:
- Materials may be delivered to an official campus office or home address.
- Choose ‘Office (faculty)’ or ‘Home (faculty)’ under Pick Up location on the Request form.
- Faculty and staff are responsible for ensuring their address is correct. See the UB Human Resources website for more information about employee addresses.
- Delivery+ Article Request
- Articles are delivered electronically to your Delivery+ account.
- Delivery+ Book Chapter Request
- Chapters are delivered electronically to your Delivery+ account.
The University Libraries offer self-serve pickup lockers for contactless retrieval of requested materials. Lockers are available for use by UB faculty, staff and students and individuals with visitor or courtesy borrowing accounts and are accessible when buildings are open. Pickup lockers are located in:
- Lockwood Library (North Campus), 2nd floor, just outside the main entrance.
- Diefendorf Hall (South Campus), 1st floor.
Materials are available in lockers for 5 days past the date of notice.
Items picked up at the lockers are automatically checked out to your Library account.
Instructions for Pickup Lockers
- From the Everything search, under 'Get It' choose 'Delivery+ Book/Media Request'.
- In the Pickup Location menu, select Locker Pickup at Lockwood or Locker Pickup at Diefendorf.
- If you need an accessible locker, enter 'Yes' under 'Accessible locker needed?'
- Send Request.
- From My Account, select Book Request
- Under Delivery Location, choose Locker Pickup at Lockwood or Locker Pickup at Diefendorf.
- If you need an accessible locker, enter 'Accessible locker needed' in the Notes field.
- Submit Request.
- You will receive an email confirming the item(s) are on hold at the locker location.
- You have 5 days to retrieve the item(s) from the lockers before they are removed and return to the shelves or to the lending institution.
- To retrieve items from the locker, swipe your UB ID card at the locker kiosk or enter your UB person number.
- For Visitor and Courtesy borrower enter your assigned user account (i.e., ulib.XXXX).
- The locker assigned to you will automatically open.
- Remove your items and close the locker.
- The materials are automatically loaned to your library account.
For questions about the pickup lockers, contact:Lockers at Lockwood
Library Services Desk
716-645-2815 or email@example.com
Lockers at Diefendorf Hall
Abbott Library Services Desk
716-829-5682 or firstname.lastname@example.org